photo emailbb_zps6b198009.png  photo bloglovinbb_zpsa99338e0.png  photo etsybb_zps1116fabe.png  photo instabb_zpscaca57e1.png  photo rssbb_zps977b032a.png  photo twitbb_zpsd693f4b6.png  photo pinbb_zps6c31eebf.png

Sunday, February 22, 2009

27 weeks and some updates

Well a few updates for ya'll.

First, I got to CA just fine. I actually felt a sense of calm about flying and everything so thank you for the prayers. So, I got up at 2am on the 19th, after only getting about 90 minutes of sleep. A good friend drove me to the airport at 3am, we got there at about 430am and my first flight left Raleigh at 6am. An hour-long flight to DC, a 2-hour layover then on to a 6-hour flight to San Francisco. One more hour-long layover in SF and then on to Fresno... finally. I got in at 230pm, which is 530pm on my body clock. Needless to say, I was POOPED! We went to a yummmmmmy dinner at Cheesecake Factory then I came home and crashed at 7pm :)

Second, my baby shower was yesterday and it was fantastic. I am so blessed to have so many wonderful women who care about our family and love to just express their love for us in so many ways. I got lots of great stuff and continue to appreciate all the prayers surrounding Jax's development and health. I'll do a post soon with more details and pictures once I get them all in.


Lastly, I'm 27 weeks now! Only 13(ish) to go! It's going by pretty fast and it's very exciting. I still have 3 months, but I am getting a lot of comments about how big I am. I know people aren't trying to be mean, but it's still hard to hear. Us girls spend our whole lives trying to stay small and now I have people telling me how I'm getting so big. I just keep telling myself that it's a good thing that Jax is growing! He is about 14 inches and a little over 2 pounds this week. Babies born at this stage have an 85% chance of survival. That fact is so very comforting. My parents and brother have all been able to feel him moving, which is so awesome. My mom even got a couple really good kicks from him. I am just looking forward to finally getting his nursery set up. It's one step closer to our baby boy being here!

XOXO

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenna,
    I'm Mary's mom. I enjoy reading your progress and appreciate your attitude and how supportive you are to Mary. I'll keep my eye on you! :)

    ReplyDelete