photo emailbb_zps6b198009.png  photo bloglovinbb_zpsa99338e0.png  photo etsybb_zps1116fabe.png  photo instabb_zpscaca57e1.png  photo rssbb_zps977b032a.png  photo twitbb_zpsd693f4b6.png  photo pinbb_zps6c31eebf.png

Saturday, May 16, 2009

39 weeks

And no picture. Because the few pictures I've taken over this past week have made me feel like a cow/beached whale/any other overly large animal. However, when I look in the mirror, I don't feel bad. It's the picture proof that really does me in. Does that mean I have good self-esteem? Maybe that's a good thing. Either way, no more pictures until this kid comes out of me. I've taken to dressing and undressing when Ryan isn't looking. And sneaking into bed and under the covers before he gets a glimpse of the jiggles and stretch marks. The last few weeks of pregnancy are not pretty ya'll.

Moving on. I had a doctor's appointment on Thursday. Things are continuing to progress. I am almost 2cm dilated. Yay! My cervix is softening but not effacing (getting shorter and thinner). Boo! And he still hasn't dropped. Boo! After seeing my disappointed face, my doctor quickly reassured me that I have made progress since a week ago and that, in and of itself, is a really good thing. So I guess I'm happy. I still haven't felt any contractions, but I have been pretty crampy, so I know things are happening. Only two more days until my mom gets here, so hopefully once she's here, Jax will realize it's time to move on out!

We have Taylor's 3rd birthday party to go to this afternoon. It's a princess party. Jen got her tons of dress-up clothes, so we decided that we would get something else. We got her a water caterpillar toy. It hooks up to a hose outside and water sprays in all directions out of its arms. That should be fun for her! I'll try to post some pictures later. I may or may not be in them.

No comments:

Post a Comment