photo emailbb_zps6b198009.png  photo bloglovinbb_zpsa99338e0.png  photo etsybb_zps1116fabe.png  photo instabb_zpscaca57e1.png  photo rssbb_zps977b032a.png  photo twitbb_zpsd693f4b6.png  photo pinbb_zps6c31eebf.png

Saturday, January 30, 2010

My heart is breaking

It's breaking for Haiti. For the people there who are hurting and hungry and homeless. For the children who were left parent-less. For the adoptive parents who haven't been able to bring their babies home to the States. For my husband who is serving his country by going over there for an unspecified amount of time. My heart is breaking for all these reasons.

Ryan left for Haiti on Thursday, after about 10 days of being told "we're leaving tomorrow" and then having it change over and over again. Even though I would much rather have him here, it was nice to finally get it over with. The waiting really sucked. So now I'm lonely. However, at times like this I'm so very proud to be an Army wife. But I really can't wait for him to be home because I miss him like crazy. Plus, Jax looks like he's going to be crawling soon and it makes me sad that Ryan will probably miss it.

I have been following the story of a little Haitian boy named Ronel. He was in the final stages of being adopted when the earthquake hit. When the US finally decided to push the adoptions that were in the final stages through, he thought he was going home. As in home to the US. He and about 25 other kids got ready to go. Then he got left behind. They needed one more paper for him, so he wasn't allowed to go. His (adoptive) daddy flew to Haiti and has been sleeping at the Embassy in an effort to get Ronel home. Things were going okay until UNICEF stepped in. They seem to believe that it is better for children to be in an orphanage in their country of origin than in a loving, nurturing home in a different country. So now it's a fight to bring Ronel home. There are two main blogs that are following his story. One HERE (which is his mama's blog) and one HERE. Read through the posts. Pray for them. Ronel's heart is breaking and so are the hearts of his (adoptive) parents who are desperately trying to get him home.

My heart is breaking, but I just can't imagine being in these other people's shoes. My husband will be coming home in the next few weeks/months and my baby is peacefully sleeping in the other room. I am blessed.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jenna,
    I am so sorry that Ryan is gone. We have been doing the "hey I'm leaving, no, wait, I'm not" for months now and we really sick of it. We will be praying for you during this time. He will get to see Jax crawl a ton! Jackson learned in September and the little guy is still crawling! He'll have time to perfect his little crawl:)
    Amy

    ReplyDelete