photo emailbb_zps6b198009.png  photo bloglovinbb_zpsa99338e0.png  photo etsybb_zps1116fabe.png  photo instabb_zpscaca57e1.png  photo rssbb_zps977b032a.png  photo twitbb_zpsd693f4b6.png  photo pinbb_zps6c31eebf.png

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Nightlights

Growing up, I remember having a nightlight. I think most kids do. It's just an accepted fact that as a child you have a nightlight in your room or in the hall nearby. When Jax was born, we put a nightlight in his room. We also put one in the living room to help during those first nights when I slept with him in our recliner.

Fast forward 11 months... the nightlight in his room broke, and so did the one in the living room. I didn't really care about the one in the living room because that hasn't been necessary since he was about 6 weeks old. But I figured that the one in his room was pretty important and I needed to get a new one ASAP. I didn't get a chance to do it that same day, so I figured that I would step out the next day and buy one. Well guess who slept in an extra hour the following morning?! Yep, my kid. My kid who has been waking up between 5:30 and 6 for the last few months. He slept til 7:15. And when Ryan and I woke up, we both got a little nervous. I quickly went to check on him and there he was, sleeping peacefully in his crib. It occurred to me that it might have something to do with it being a little darker than normal. I decided to wait to buy another nightlight and see if that really made a difference. Well guess who has been sleeping til 7 or 7:30 for the past few days?! Yep, my kid again. WHO WOULD HAVE THOUGHT?? I can't believe that all I needed to do was take out that dern nightlight. I was getting so tired of hearing about my friends' kids who would sleep until 7 or 8am. Now my kid is finally doing the same thing after months of waking up super early.

Praise the Lord for broken nightlights!!

No comments:

Post a Comment