photo emailbb_zps6b198009.png  photo bloglovinbb_zpsa99338e0.png  photo etsybb_zps1116fabe.png  photo instabb_zpscaca57e1.png  photo rssbb_zps977b032a.png  photo twitbb_zpsd693f4b6.png  photo pinbb_zps6c31eebf.png

Monday, May 16, 2011

Coupons and a Recipe

I think I've mentioned before that I read/love The Pioneer Woman. She's very funny and entertaining, plus she makes yummy food and gives us printables so that we can make it ourselves. A few weeks ago she posted THIS recipe for grilled chicken salad with feta, corn and blueberries.

Now, I know that sounds strange but the picture and description made it sound very appetizing so I printed the recipe and decided to make it last night. It was SO yummy!! I made a few minor adjustments... I only did 2 chicken breasts, I used basil instead of dill, and I skipped the lemon. It was very simple and very refreshing. I served with sun-dried tomato bread. It was a perfect summer-y meal!

On a totally different topic, I took a quickie trip to Target this morning to get a few good coupon deals. First, I picked up 2 Sally Hansen nail polishes (polish-i??) for $2.04 each. I had two $1/1 Target coupon that I paired with two $1/1 manufacturer coupon (mf) (click on Personal Care on the left), which made them just $.04 each! I also picked up an Up&Up (Target brand) children's acetaminophen for $2.54. I used a $1/1 Up&Up pain relief coupon and paid just $1.54 for medicine for Jax! Finally, I grabbed a 24 ct. box of Up&Up Ibuprofen for $.97 and used another $1/1 Up&Up pain relief coupon, so I got it FREE!! My total was $1.91 for all 4 of those things! That's less than the price of 1 nail polish.

I had also planned on buying John Frieda Root Awakening shampoo and conditioner but they were out. They are priced at $4.99 this week and the plan with those was to use a $3/2 Target coupon stacked with a $3/1 mf coupon (from the paper) and a $2/1 mf coupon. (If you don't have the coupon from the paper, then print 2 of the $2/1 mf coupons). It would have worked out to just $0.99 each! I will be making another trip over there sometime this week to hopefully get those!

Finally, I ran to Party City to buy a few things for Jax's birthday in 2 weeks. It is Mickey Mouse themed (have I already told you that?) and I am currently working on party favors. I placed a balloon order to pick up the day of, and I will need to go back a few days before the party to pick up plates/cups/napkins. I can't believe my little man is turning TWO!!

HAPPY MONDAY, Y'ALL!

1 comment:

  1. GREAT couponing Jenna...have you seen my blog savesalotmom.blogspot.com. I would love for you to brag on there!!

    ReplyDelete