photo emailbb_zps6b198009.png  photo bloglovinbb_zpsa99338e0.png  photo etsybb_zps1116fabe.png  photo instabb_zpscaca57e1.png  photo rssbb_zps977b032a.png  photo twitbb_zpsd693f4b6.png  photo pinbb_zps6c31eebf.png

Saturday, February 18, 2012

About Me

I was recently tagged by Callie Nicole from Through Clouded Glass to do an about me post. I have to tell you 11 random things about me, then answer the 11 questions that she asked.

Here we go.

1- If it were acceptable to have a child in high school, I would have. I have always wanted to be a mommy and I couldn't wait until I was old enough to do so!

2-I used to live in Las Vegas. I went to college there (for 3 semesters) and had such a blast! It's such a different town when you actually live there. It wasn't all about partying and being a crazy college girl. I met some great Christian friends, lived with 3 other girls, and had a really great time.


3-I've gone to 5 different colleges. Crazy! One in my hometown in California, two in Vegas, and two in North Carolina.

4-I am a total hypochondriac. I always think things are wrong with me, or Jax, or the baby. At least I'm aware of it and I try to calm myself down and think rationally.

5-I also tend to be a "glass half empty" kind of girl. And I hate it about myself.

6-I'm a little bit of a picky eater. But as I've gotten older, I've definitely gotten better. These days I'm more willing to try things that I didn't used to like. However, I still can't stand mustard, pickles, seafood, and olives.

7-I'm very clean, organized and uncluttered. I can't stand clutter. Seriously. If we haven't used something in the recent past (say, 6ish months), it is getting thrown away.

8-I also go through lazy times and let chores pile up. Sometimes I just don't feel like doing the laundry, or scrubbing the sinks and toilets. Really, who can blame me??

I know that's not 11, but I could only come up with 8. Don't hate me!

And now for the questions that Callie Nicole asked...

1. If you could only listen to one album for the rest of your life, what would it be? 
-- I actually listen mostly to the radio or Pandora, so I don't have a lot of albums (except all my Britney Spears, NSync, Backstreet Boys etc from Junior High... ha!), but if I had to pick, it wold probably be The Altar and the Door by Casting Crowns. 






2. If you were a teacher, what subject would you teach?

-- Well, since I am trained to be a teacher, this is an easy one. Kindergarten, 1st or 2nd grade. Which means multi-subject.


3. What is your favorite verse and/or quote?
--"For you created my inmost being, you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Your works are good, I know that full well" (Psalm 139:13-14). I know this isn't really a verse or quote to live by, but it means so much to me at this motherhood stage in my life.


4. Why did you start blogging?
--Because I was pregnant with Jax and living 3000 miles away from family. I figured it would be a good way for family and friends to know what was going on with our lives. 

5. What is one book you think everyone should read (besides the Bible, because that's a given)?
-- Love and Respect by Emerson Eggerichs  




6. Favorite drink to get at Starbucks?
--Iced grande nonfat upside-down caramel macchiato (I worked there for 5 years, I know my drinks y'all)

7. Would you rather it snow or rain?
--Probably snow, just because we don't get that much around here

8. Advice that your mom gave you that you never forgot?
--Never disrespect your husband, even in a joking manner. Men need to feel respected by their wives. (See question 5)

9. Most read website or blog?
--Does Facebook count? Ha! I also frequent Kelly's Korner, Pioneer Woman, and the LPM Blog

10. One thing you would tell your 13 year old self?
--Respect yourself. Don't let friends tell you what you should and shouldn't do. Trust God's plan for your life. 

11. What do you hope people will say about you after you die?
--That my loved ones always knew how much I loved them, and that I was a good person who was a Godly example to those around me.


Well, there ya go... lots of new stuff that y'all know about me now! I had a lot of fun thinking of things to write about. Thanks, Callie Nicole!

No comments:

Post a Comment