photo emailbb_zps6b198009.png  photo bloglovinbb_zpsa99338e0.png  photo etsybb_zps1116fabe.png  photo instabb_zpscaca57e1.png  photo rssbb_zps977b032a.png  photo twitbb_zpsd693f4b6.png  photo pinbb_zps6c31eebf.png

Monday, April 30, 2012

The First Swim!

We took a quick trip to Fresno this weekend to spend a little QT with our families.
We I decided last minute on Friday night that I wanted to get out of town, so we hoped in the car on Saturday afternoon (after a birthday party for Jax's friend) and made our way to my parents house. My bestie, Danielle, came over with her son Max and we let the boys play while she colored and cut my hair. Oh, how I needed that! We went to church on Sunday then spent the afternoon relaxing with my parents and Ryan's dad. His mom had the flu, so she didn't get to see Jax. Such a bummer! 

But the boys in the family had a blast taking their first swim of 2012!!



It was almost 90* outside and my parents have a dark bottom pool, so the water was nice.



It was a tad chilly, but it warmed up quickly once you got in the water. Not that I did that... I just stuck my pregnant feet in!



Poor Jax was shivering after a while but whenever we tried to take him out, he said he wanted to keep swimming. Such a water baby.



We finally made him get out and warm up. But it wasn't long before he wanted right back in.



My dad grilled tri-tip for dinner and made homemade strawberry ice cream for dessert. So yummy! It was such a nice, relaxing weekend and I am SO thankful that we live close enough to family to be able to do things like this more often. Even my dear husband said he was glad that I guilted him into going ;)

My parents are coming up to visit us this weekend, then we are headed back down to Fresno the following weekend for Lexi's shower. I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment