photo emailbb_zps6b198009.png  photo bloglovinbb_zpsa99338e0.png  photo etsybb_zps1116fabe.png  photo instabb_zpscaca57e1.png  photo rssbb_zps977b032a.png  photo twitbb_zpsd693f4b6.png  photo pinbb_zps6c31eebf.png

Monday, April 23, 2012

Strawberry Freezer Jam

Last week we visited a u-pick farm just down the street from our house to get some strawberries. I got 4.75 pounds for $7! I love living so close to such fresh produce. After seeing this recipe on Pinterest, I decided to use most of the strawberries to make freezer jam.


After washing, hulling and slicing them, I put them in a 9x13 pan and went to town with my potato masher. It was super tedious and annoying, so I quickly decided to pour every thing into my food processor and pulse away.


Which left me with this yumminess.


I mixed instant pectin and sugar in a separate bowl, then stirred it into the strawberries. I couldn't find the pectin that the recipe called for, but I finally found this at Food Maxx. I followed the instructions on the package for the amount to use.


I poured it into small jars, let it set for 30 minutes, then popped all but one in the freezer.


It has a much fresher/raw taste than cooked jam, but its very yummy... And SO easy to make. We've been slathering it on PBJ's and waffles all week!

1 comment:

  1. Yum! How easy was that?! I sadly would have to mash them all since I have no food processor :( Good price on them as well. I love in season fruit and veggies!

    ReplyDelete