photo emailbb_zps6b198009.png  photo bloglovinbb_zpsa99338e0.png  photo etsybb_zps1116fabe.png  photo instabb_zpscaca57e1.png  photo rssbb_zps977b032a.png  photo twitbb_zpsd693f4b6.png  photo pinbb_zps6c31eebf.png

Saturday, June 23, 2012

Randoms

Sometimes I go for days without taking any phone pictures. Other times, I have lots of pictures from just a few days. This is one of those times. 

Ryan was showing Jax how to mix drinks. Ha! He was making a mojito and let Jax help him, then of course Jax wanted one. So after they finished making Ryan's "daddy drink", they made virgin ones for both Jax and I. It is now my new favorite. It was so yummy and refreshing. Fresh mint, lime juice, simple syrup, club soda. Yum and yum. I may have wiped out our whole mint plant over the last few days :)

This is why I love summer. There's also peaches, nectarines and corn in the fridge. 

I successfully taught Jax how to write his name last week! He has been able to spell it for a few months, but now he can write it. However, before you think my kid is a genius (wink), let me tell you that he still doesn't recognize a lot of the alphabet if you just randomly ask him what a certain letter is. We're working on it though.

I've been in such a baking mood recently. The other day I realized that I had some Heath bars that were about to expire, so I made some chocolate chip cookies (from the recipe on the chocolate chips... because it's my favorite), and substituted half of the chocolate chips for chopped Heath bar. They turned out SO yummy! We gave some to my dad and grandpa for Father's Day.

Ryan and Jax waiting for Grampy and Grammy to get here last week. 

This boy has been really into "reading" magazines recently. He will sit with a magazine and flip through all the pictures for probably 10-15 minutes. It's pretty cute... and maybe a little odd ;)

The rest of the family relaxing/napping while I made dinner a few night ago. I love it when my boys are all snuggly!

We met our park friends at a local splash pad last week. Jax always attaches to the "older" girls. He was cracking me up following them around and being their little shadow. He's such a ladies man. 

I made this onesie dress for the Little Miss and I'm so happy with how it turned out! I have a ton of plain white onesies from Jax, I got the skirt fabric from remnants at JoAnn's, and I had the ribbon from other crafts in Lexi's room. I had seen something similar on Pinterest, so I just came up with my own pattern and went from there. I can't wait to put her in it!

My kid is cool. Yup.

My in-laws bought us a double stroller! Jax was pretty excited about it and insisted on sitting in it while he watched TV. I can't believe there will be a little girl on the other side very soon!

Have a wonderful weekend, friends!

1 comment:

  1. The onesie dress is soooooo cute! What a clever idea! And I love the fruit/veggie baskets on your counter! I wish we had counter space for that.

    ReplyDelete