I've been tagged by April over at Meet the Jechs for the Liebster Blog award. Liebster means "favorite" in German, and she chose me as one of her favorite blogs!
Instead of totally following the rules, I'm gonna switch things up and use this as a fun way for y'all to know more about me. The original rules are that you list 11 random things about yourself, then answer 11 questions that the tagging blogger asks, then tag 11 other bloggers and ask them 11 new questions. Confusing, right?! So I'm just going to do the first 2 rules and leave it at that. If any of y'all want to follow suit and write a post with 11 things about yourself and answer these 11 questions, please feel free. I would love to read your answers!
I've done a list like this in the past and honestly had the hardest time coming up with a list of randoms about myself, but I'll do my best!
1- I've always wanted to be a mommy. Like, if it was normal to have babies in high school I would have.
2- I went to college at UNLV in Las Vegas and had the time of my life. Although not in the way one might expect in Vegas. I actually grew closer to God during those years than I ever had before.
3- I'm not crafty. But I'm a really good Pinterest idea copier.
4- I can be super lazy. Sometimes I'm just not motivated to do laundry, dishes, projects, blogging, etc...
5- I love watching TV. I have to make a conscious effort to not sit and watch TV all day.
6- I have a major sweet tooth. I especially love carb-y sweets, but any sugar will do!
7- I love to cook and I love to bake. Which can be bad (see number 6).
8- I've been married for 5 years this December. Yahoo!
9- I can be very bossy, opinionated and controlling. It drives Ryan crazy sometimes.
10- I am
afraid not a fan of the dark. Which is awful for a military wife who had to spend many, MANY nights alone.
11- I'm a terrible home decorator. I wish I had a better eye for things. I see cute things that I like but I don't know how to incorporate them into my own home. Plus, there are lots of styles that I like so nothing really matches. Oh well.
Now onto the questions that April asked me:
1. Tell me something quirky about you? I can't go to sleep if the closet doors are open.
2. What would be your ideal concert? Pretty much anything country is good in my book
3. If you could live anywhere for a year, where would you live and what makes that place so special? This is an easy one for me. New York. Hands down. I am so in love with that city. The energy of the city is just amazing. When I first visited, it somehow felt like home. It was the weirdest feeling since I'd never been there before. However, I wouldn't want to raise kids there (permanently at least), and Ryan hates the hustle and bustle, so I guess it's only a dream for me.
4. What's your guilty pleasure? Rainbow chip frosting straight from the container. And it can't be the funfetti frosting. It has to be the rainbow chip kind!
5. If you HAD to be a doctor, what type of doctor would you be and why? I would love to be an OB (minus the GYN part). I'm fascinated by pregnancy and the birth process.
6. If you could be a star in any movie, what movie and who would you be? I can't think of a specific one, but I would love to film a romantic comedy. It seems like so much fun.
7. What's your favorite restaurant and what would you recommend there? I love Cheesecake Factory for three reasons. 1)They have my favorite drink- pomegranate margarita, 2)They have a huge menu with tons of choices, and 3)They have red velvet cheesecake.
8. What's your favorite holiday and why? Christmas. It's magical!
9. What's your ideal weekend? A road trip to somewhere fun on Saturday, then football and BBQ on Sunday
10. What's a hobby you've always wanted to take up? I'm not a hobby person. I don't really have any, and there isn't really anything that I have always wanted to do. Boring, I know.
11. What's your favorite store to shop at? Target. Duh! Isn't it everyone's favorite store?
Well, friends. There you go. Now you know a little more about me. I would love to have some of you do a post with these questions so that I can learn a little more about you!