photo emailbb_zps6b198009.png  photo bloglovinbb_zpsa99338e0.png  photo etsybb_zps1116fabe.png  photo instabb_zpscaca57e1.png  photo rssbb_zps977b032a.png  photo twitbb_zpsd693f4b6.png  photo pinbb_zps6c31eebf.png

Friday, October 26, 2012

Just keepin' it real

I hope I don't give the impression that I have all my stuff together. 

That my kids always behave, that my house is always clean, 
that I always cook delicious and healthy meals.

Yes, I try to keep my house tidy. Yes, I love to cook and, therefore, do it often. And yes, I am so blessed that the transition to 2 kids has been very smooth. 

But I still have days where the laundry and dish piles are sky high, the bathrooms need to be cleaned, the playroom looks like a tornado went through it, and I feel like I'm going to rip my hair out if Jax whines about this-or-that one more time.

Sometimes during nap time, instead of being productive, I get a snack and watch TV. For 2 hours.
Sometimes clean laundry sits folded in the baskets for 3 or 4 days.
Sometimes we have snacks throughout the day instead of making a real lunch.
Sometimes we stay in our PJ's all day because I know we aren't going anywhere and I don't wanna change myself or the kids.

Being a mommy is hard work. Some days everything runs like a well-oiled machine. And some days, well, it doesn't. 

But I look at my two biggest blessings and can't help but fall in love with them more each day. Dishes, laundry, and cleaning can wait. My babies won't be babies for long.




3 comments:

  1. ...all of which proves my point exactly... i've titled my blog "laundry can wait..." :)
    and the bottom line is just that... babies wont stay babies forever!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just want to say Love and miss ya!!

    ReplyDelete