photo emailbb_zps6b198009.png  photo bloglovinbb_zpsa99338e0.png  photo etsybb_zps1116fabe.png  photo instabb_zpscaca57e1.png  photo rssbb_zps977b032a.png  photo twitbb_zpsd693f4b6.png  photo pinbb_zps6c31eebf.png

Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Giving Thanks

As I sit here thinking about all that I have to be thankful for, I am completely overwhelmed by the list I can come up with. This has been an amazing year for our family and there's time I feel like I'm waiting for the other shoe to drop. In those times I try to turn that worry over to God and know that he wants what's best for my family. That everything is in His hands. And that just because things are going so well doesn't necessarily mean something bad is going to happen.

We have days that are hard. Where Jax drives me up the wall, where Lexi won't let me put her down, and where Ryan gets home so late from work that we eat dinner and do bedtime alone. But even in those days, I am still so thankful for the life God has given me.

For a husband who works hard for our family and rarely complains


For a son who is the sweetest, funniest, best big brother


For a daughter who was born via successful VBAC, and who sleeps well, is usually content, and has the cutest smile


For parents who let us stay with them for the holidays, even when their house is in the middle of a major remodel

For in-laws who love me like their own and are always there for us when we need them

For old friends, whose friendship can withstand difficult circumstances and whose strength carries each other through hard times


For new friends in our new town who we can have play dates, and game nights, and adventures with


For a rental house the fits our needs and the ability to start looking to buy a new house that we can call our own

For two cars that fit our family and can take us anywhere we want to go

And for love. Between family. Between friends. And especially the love the God has shown me over this past year.

Happy Thanksgiving, dear friends!

1 comment:

  1. Grrr blogger! I commented on this earlier!

    You have so much to be thankful for!! Hooray for health and happiness!
    Happy Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete