photo emailbb_zps6b198009.png  photo bloglovinbb_zpsa99338e0.png  photo etsybb_zps1116fabe.png  photo instabb_zpscaca57e1.png  photo rssbb_zps977b032a.png  photo twitbb_zpsd693f4b6.png  photo pinbb_zps6c31eebf.png

Monday, June 3, 2013

Jax is FOUR!!!

My sweet firstborn turned four years old at 6:56am this morning! I can't believe it's been four whole years since he was born. They have been the best, craziest, most exhausting, and completely fulfilling years of my life. I love him more than I could ever put into words. 


Jax is such a funny, caring, loving kid. He loves us and his baby sister so much and always lets us know. He's wise beyond his years and is always asking questions about the world around him. He loves to play with Legos, ride his bike and new scooter, do puzzles, practice addition using his fingers, wrestle, hug Lexi, go swimming, play with his water table, go on walks, play at the park, eat at restaurants, help me cook, go to Sunday school, taking baths, and play games on the iPad. 

We had his pirate-themed birthday party on Saturday. We had about 40 people here, and it was very busy but very fun! Jax had a great time and that's what is most important!

I made all the paper decorations for the party

I made a marble cake with cream cheese frosting. Nom nom! I ordered this cute pirate ship cake topper from a shop on Etsy. 

The party was mid-afternoon so we just did snack foods. Everything was pirate-themed and it all turned out yummy and cute! Besides these veggies and dip, we had berry'd treasure (berry salad), cannon balls (melon balls), gold doubloons (bite-size sugar cookies), and pirate's booty. 

I saw these two cute pirate games on Pinterest. 
Hook Toss!

And walk the plank!

I had a table set up with pirate gear for kids to put on when they arrived. Hats, eye patches, draw-on mustaches, and balloon swords for everyone!


He's four!

These three are my everything!

We took Jax on a date to the movies by himself yesterday after church. We saw Epic, and Jax got totally bored with it. It was a good movie, but there was too much storyline for a kid his age to follow. 

We ended up leaving early, running home to get Lexi, and heading to our local water park for a little while before dinner. 

Today we are getting Jamba Juice for breakfast (his request), meeting our friends at the splash park, then heading to my parent's house for swimming and dinner. It should be a fun birthday for my sweet boy!

Happy Birthday, Jax Alan! 
You are so very loved!!!


1 comment:

  1. AWWWW. So we are still using the Mickey Mouse cup from his 2nd b-day and I was using it the other day and thinking that OMG Jax is going to be 4 soon. Time goes too fast. Happy Day Jax

    ReplyDelete