photo emailbb_zps6b198009.png  photo bloglovinbb_zpsa99338e0.png  photo etsybb_zps1116fabe.png  photo instabb_zpscaca57e1.png  photo rssbb_zps977b032a.png  photo twitbb_zpsd693f4b6.png  photo pinbb_zps6c31eebf.png

Tuesday, August 13, 2013

And then we stopped by DISNEYLAND!

Ryan and I had been planning a fun vacation to San Diego and Sea World for my birthday last week. We left early Friday morning and drove 4 hours south to LA.
 
-- All pictures are iPhone pictures... 
I was too lazy to use my big girl camera, even though I brought it :) ---

((On the road at 7am))

We stopped there to have lunch with our best friends from our Army days in North Carolina. We don't get to see the Levy's very often since we don't exactly live in the same neighborhood anymore, but we love that they are currently stationed only four hours away! 

((When we met them, they had one kid and we didn't have any. Now we've got SIX kids between us!))

((Love my sweet friend, Jen)) 

After lunch, we drove the last hour and a half to San Diego, checked into our hotel, and spent the evening walking around, playing on the beach and eating cupcakes to celebrate my birthday. 




The next day, we spent the say at Sea World and the kids had a blast. We watched most of the animal shows, rode a few rides, and wandered through the aquarium-type exhibits. 


((Shamu show!))






Earlier in the day, I had (half-jokingly) mentioned to Ryan that I wanted to spend some of my birthday money to go Disneyland on our way home. Well, a little while later, Ryan was texting some co-workers and wouldn't tell me why he was smiling... he finally said "find a hotel for tomorrow night, we're going to Disneyland!". To say I was excited would be an understatement! 
We decided to surprise Jax and not tell him until we were about 5 minutes away. I took a video of us telling him :)

My idea to "stop by" Disneyland on our way home turned into two full days, one at each park. I'm sure I don't have to tell y'all that we had a fantastic time!! I LOVE LOVE LOVE Disneyland and all the magic that comes with it, and I love making these amazing, magically memories with my family!
((Main Street))


((Rockets))


((It's A Small World))


((Radiator Springs Racers... this was SO exciting because Jax was finally tall enough to ride some of the bigger rides!))


((Mater's Tractor Pull)


((You can't go to Disney and not get ears!))


((We ran into Mickey as we were leaving... what a great way to end our trip!))


Until next time, Disney!!

1 comment:

  1. That looks like such a great time! I can't wait to travel there with my little crew someday. I love the blog makeover too :)

    ReplyDelete